PRP therapy is a simple and natural non-surgical treatment for hair loss in men and women.
What is PRP therapy
Your blood contains small cells called platelets that help stop bleeding. Platelets also contain specific growth factors that when activated, promote tissue regeneration and healing with new collagen, and improved blood supply. When injected into your scalp, these growth factors will stimulate hair growth and slow down hair loss.
– Men and women who want to prevent hair loss
– Receding hair line, hair loss at the top of the scalp and along the temple
– Thinning hair
– Supportive treatment to hair transplants
What to expect during the PRP treatment
– It is a non-surgical injection treatment and is done in the physician’s office.
– Platelet Rich Plasma(PRP) therapy for hair loss is a three-step medical treatment in which a person’s blood is drawn, processed, and then injected into the scalp.
– A small sample of your blood is taken and spun in a centrifuge. This process separates the platelets from the rest of the blood. The centrifuge we use is the advanced Dr PRP system, designed specifically for extracting PRP from blood samples in a clinically safe and sterile manner.
– The platelet-rich plasma which includes the essential growth factors is drawn up into a syringe and then re-injected into the scalp with a specialised tool, called a skin injector.
– The procedure takes about 30-45 minutes depending on which areas are treated.
How many sessions will I need?
Most PRP therapy requires three treatments 4–6 weeks apart.
Maintenance treatments are required every 4–6 months.
When will I see results?
Our patients tend to notice a difference within a month or two after PRP therapy. PRP hair treatments not only stimulate hair growth but also strengthen hair follicles.
Are there any side effects?
After the procedure, you may experience some slight swelling and redness in the treated area. This is normal and temporary, and we will provide you with the appropriate post-treatment care to minimise any discomfort.
Is it safe?
The treatment is safe and gives reliable results, with a quick recovery period.