As we age the production of collagen and elastin naturally slows down which leads to wrinkles, sagging and sunken areas in the skin. Stimulating the skin to produce more collagen and elastin is called collagen induction therapy.
– Improves skin texture and pigmentation
– Reduces fine lines and pores
– Tightens and lifts skin
– Improves stretch marks
– Treats scars – acne, surgical and burns
What is skin needling?
Skin needling uses multiple tiny needles to vertically pierce the skin with an automatic vibrating pen. When moved across the skin’s surface it stimulates natural collagen and elastin production, whilst allowing fine channels to be created in the skin. Active ingredients from products are delivered directly to the deeper layers of the skin through these micro-channels, enhancing their effects.
What to expect during the treatment
– Skin is cleansed and an anaesthetic cream is applied for 15 to 30 minutes, after which all residue of anaesthetic ointment is removed.
– Serum with suited active ingredients is applied, and skin needling is started with appropriate treatment depth.
– Treated area is cooled and soothed with a posttreatment mask.
– Post-treatment cream and SPF are applied, appropriate home care protocols are recommended.
Aftercare and recovery
Immediately after treatment you will look as if you have moderatesunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This will subside after a few hours, with only slight redness and swelling the following day.
It is recommended not to wear make-up for the first 12 hours after the procedure.
Is it safe?
It is safe and more effective in piercing the skin than traditional skin micro-needling rollers due to its unique vertical micro-needling technology.
When will I see results?
It can take up to 6 weeks before visible signs of regeneration, collagen stimulation and repair are seen, and the process will continue over the following months, providing you with a gradual and long lasting enhancement.
Suggested treatment plan
Four to six treatments every four to six weeks are suggested to ensure lasting and more significant results.